exploring - 1/365


I've never considered myself an illustrator but I find myself driven in that direction more and more. I feel the need of exploring this further than what I've been doing so far. I want to try different styles, mediums or anything else that may be new to me. By making this public I'm forcing myself to do something I've been wanting to do for a while and never seem to make the time for it.

This is going to be a daily project and I will draw whatever comes to mind in whatever medium I happen to choose. It may be a small sketch or it may be something more elaborate. I'm sort of a perfectionist so posting these explorations will be hard for me. I just know I need to do it. I'm going to show what I make as is.

My style has always been very graphic and simple (like my latest illustrations on my Society6 shop) but I feel like there's this other side of my illustration that comes out when I'm just doodling (like the ink drawings you may have seen on my Instagram feed). I'm going to let some of that come out and play a bit more and see where it takes me.

Paper will always be my first love (an exciting, exciting project is coming up!) but stepping out of my comfort zone is something I feel I need to do right now.

I will post my daily illustrations on Instagram and possibly a summary post once a week here on the blog. I hope you'll join me!

• • •

#1 - I took a break at the coffee shop and I had my sketchbook with me. All I could think about was what a nice day it was being at home. Sometimes a slow day (after early morning soccer games) is sooo needed. No running around—just being at home. Ahhhh. The only thing about today's drawing? I forgot my glasses at home and I was squinting the whole time. I hate this whole glasses thing—still not used to it!

See my tote bag under my sketchbook? I'm loving it! So roomy which helps with everything I like to carry around - lol!

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend too!




1 comment:

  1. I can understand the feeling...I am going through something similar myself! Illustrating is hard...It is a challenge not to reach for the eraser and just go where my pencil takes me...
    Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all your comments and read every one of them. If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it!

Thank you so much for visiting!